Fort Walton Beach Community Chorus
The Fort Walton Beach Community Chorus was formed in 1975 by Founding Director, Steve Johnson, along with 50 energetic and spirited singers from local communities. The inaugural choral engagement, the Testament of Freedom-Writings from Thomas Jefferson, was held at Lion’s Park on Bayshore Drive in Niceville, FL. Since then the FWBCC has produced Spring and Christmas concerts each year, blending Patriotic, contemporary and musical Broadway numbers.
Our current cast of long-standing and newer members are dedicated singers and performers whose objective continues to be providing quality and enjoyable entertainment to everyone.
The Fort Walton Beach Community Chorus is a group of musicians as diverse as the community it represents, joined together to more completely understand and perform great choral literature in a wide range of styles. Our goal is to provide the best possible musical experience for our members and to present performances of the highest quality to our audiences. We seek to be instrumental in the building of community on the Emerald Coast with other arts and service organizations when the presentation of compatible themes can enrich, enlarge, and engage our shared audiences.
- To establish and maintain a tradition of choral excellence.
- To promote and stimulate a knowledge of, and appreciation for music throughout the community.
- To present performances of choral literature accompanied and unaccompanied, secular and sacred, of general interest to the community.
- To provide a challenging and rewarding experience for our members through active participation in rehearsals, performances, and related social activities.
- To raise funds for our Scholarship Fund.
Non-Profit Tax Exempt Designation
Fort Walton Beach Community Chorus is a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization that depends on the financial support of our treasured audiences and committed members. Because ticket sales cover only a small percentage of the costs of performing, Fort Walton Beach Community Chorus is deeply grateful to those who provide additional financial support to the chorus, making our concert season possible.